SC Family Dental Clinic – Shop 1, 150 Kelletts Rd, Rowville. (next to Rowville Health)
Ph 03 8288 1191
At SC Family Dental Clinic we work with you to achieve a healthy mouth both in function and in looks.
We do this by:
- Treating each and every person as exactly that – an individual
- Determining what you need, discussing your options, and providing you with the best services for you
- Acknowledging that your time is important
- Reviewing your dental health regularly
- By offering Hicaps, EFTPOS and credit card facilities
- Referring to a specialist when necessary
- By understanding that sometimes just getting to the dentist is a big deal and sometimes looking good is a priority in this world
Teeth Whitening is ideal for undamaged teeth that need lightening in colour. Tooth whitening acts to remove stains and discolorations from front teeth to give the smile a whiter, brighter appearance. Two appointments are required. At the first appointment we take impressions so that custom made trays may be made for the delivery of desensitising solution and for the whitening solution, either for take home kits or for the purpose of maintenance after in-house treatment has been delivered.
We use the Beyond System for the in-house whitening. This involves using an intense blue light to accelerate the effectiveness of the solution so that teeth can be brightened in 1 hour. With an hour and a half appointment teeth can be lightened up to 8 incremental shades. It is important to avoid food and beverages that can stain the teeth for 24 hours after treatment. When take home whitening is desired the next appointment involves providing the custom made trays, whitening solution and desensitising solution, and also instruction in the use of medicaments. It is important to avoid staining food and drink for the duration of the treatment.